Wall Covering Cleaning Instructions
To obtain maximum service from your wall coverings please note the following care instructions.
- Remove any stains as quickly as possible. If certain materials remain too long, it may cause permanent discoloration.
- We recommend that you do not spray wall covering with a protective coating, such as wax. This can cause discoloration.
- Begin cleaning at the bottom of the wall covering and work up, always wiping with the seams, usually up and down.
- Always use clean, soft materials to wash and dry your wall covering. The best method is to use warm water and a mild detergent. A sponge is recommended for washing, followed by a clean, lint-free cloth to dry.
- Try cleaning materials in an inconspicuous location before cleaning the entire wall.
- Use of abrasive cleaners such as steel wool or powdered cleaners is not recommended.
- Use of active solvent-type cleaning preparations, such as nail polish remover, tar and bug removers, etc., because they will remove print and/or finish from the wall covering and will reduce or eliminate permeability of perforated wall covering is not recommended.
- For wall coverings that are delicate or not washable, we recommend using a dry cleaning eraser or dry cleaning sponge.
Window Film And Graphic Cleaning Instructions
To obtain maximum service from your window film products please note the following care instructions.
During the film installation, the installer will remove as much of the installation fluid as possible, but a small amount will still remain. This may result in small water bubbles appearing and/or a slightly cloudy view. This is normal and should be expected. Do not pierce the water bubbles during this drying period. This damage to the window film will not be covered by the warranty. The water bubbles and cloudy views will disappear over time.
Film type and climate conditions will determine the drying time you experience. Warm weather and direct sunlight will shorten the drying time, while cooler climates, cloudy conditions, and thicker films may prolong it. Drying may vary from a few days to 6 months for thicker safety films. The trapped moisture will dry out completely.
Do not clean the window film for 30 days after it is installed. A soft cloth, squeegee or synthetic sponge is recommended for cleaning the window film. Do not use bristle brushes, abrasive scrubbing sponges or any other cleaning materials that could scratch the film or that may have been contaminated with dirt particles. This can happen when washing interior and exterior windows with the same cleaning materials. Some brands of paper towels are coarse enough to put fine scratches in the film. While these scratches may be too thin to be seen initially, they can damage the polished look of the film over time. Always use fresh, clean, soft material to wash and dry your window film surfaces.
The best cleaning method is to use 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of liquid detergent mixed with 1 quart (liter) of water. We do not recommend degreasing agents or detergents containing alcohol, acid or ammonia. A soft cloth or sponge is recommended for washing the window, followed by another soft cloth or rubber squeegee to dry the film.DOWNLOAD PDF
To obtain maximum service from your peerhatch product please note the following care instructions.
Day To Day Cleaning
Dry erase can easily be wiped from peerhatch walls leaving no residue with a clean microfiber cloth.
Long Term Maintenance
If you do experience any residue from other forms of marker after leaving on the wall for months, use a spray bottle with a solution of 70% Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA), and simply spray the surface and wipe with a microfiber cloth.
Other Important Tips
- Use only select dry erase markers – EXPO® Low Odor – for writing on peerhatch.
- If the non-specified marker is accidentally used, such as a permanent marker or felt pen, clean immediately with a clean microfiber cloth and solution of 70% Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA).
- If you want to clean a large area quickly, we recommend using a Swiffer cleaner to “mop” over as if cleaning a floor. For speedy results, use a wet one and let it dry for a short time.